Posted in OSPITALITY
The hall stands out for the collection of 18th and 19th century tureens on dis-play. Like in times long past, the floors are tiled with handmade Clarici Umbrian cotto. The room features Venetian chande-liers and Frau armchairs while the 18th and 19th century furniture pieces were purchased from various antique shops and property-men in Spoleto. The bar is open day and night, the fireplace always burns during the Autumn and Winter, and a great number of art books, magazines, and newspapers are available.
A trompe l’oeil turns the room into a terrace overlooking the Umbrian landscapes. The Richard Ginori coffee set was exclusively designed for the hotel and features Deruta’s “Raffaellesca” decorations. Tables are dressed with Rivolta and Carmignani linens and Sambonet cutlery. We prepare and serve our own fresh desserts.
The hotel’s conference facility can accommodate up to 90 theatre participants. It can also be arranged in reception or schoolroom set-up and is supplied with standard equipment.
Guests can enjoy breakfast, coffee, or an apéritif in the hotel’s courtyard amidst the camellias, hydrangeas, olea fragrans, jasmines, and geraniums. The tablet dates back to 1602 and remembers a restoration of the well-spring. The garden fea-tures variously coloured, blossoming geraniums and roses.
It was on a day in 1198 that a spring miraculously gushed out in the garden of a Spoleto convent by the hands of Pope Innocent III. Known since then as “the holy wellspring”, the waters were believed to have healing powers and for this reason, it was ordained that pilgrims could freely draw from the well. In 1601, the town’s vice-governor arranged for the restoration of the spring and a tablet, which still remains today, was placed to serve as a memorial of the event. During the 19th century, a tannery was erected on the site. A fine work of architecture, the establishment fell into ruins after housing the business until the middle of the 20th century, when it was moved out of the town’s historical centre. In 1993, Paolo Zuccari bought the building, restoring it to its former beauty and radically transforming its interiors. Today, Hotel San Luca is a small, charming hotel run by the Zuccari family. Elegant and sophisticated, it features a warm and familiar atmosphere. You will be totally wrapped up in the old ambience of this hotel and will find it hard to believe that most of what you see is new following the drastic changes made to the inside of the building during the restoration.
Rooms are spacious, colourful, soundproof, and extremely clean, filled with amenities, satellite TV (CNN, BBC), direct-dial telephone, Internet link and computer power point, safe, minibar, and Rivolta and Carmignani linen bedclothes.